Alexei M. Silverman practices family law in Maryland. As a lawyer that has been through the process of divorce personally, he is an understanding and compassionate advocate for the rights of his clients, women and men alike.
Alexei occupies a unique niche in the family law field. He combines the practical skills of a seasoned commercial litigator who worked at large D.C. law firms during the first decade of his legal career with a personal knowledge of the family law process in Montgomery County, Maryland.
Alexei’s approach to family law is as follows:
- He will present all of your options to you, including litigation, in a manner that respects your preferences and evaluates the most cost effective way to achieve the outcomes that best suits the client;
- He will help you to keep in your sights a family oriented/child centered approach to family law and advise you as to the proper ways to protect the best interests of your children;
- He will advise you that negotiation, mediation and a collaborative law process may provide you the option of reducing some of the expense and emotional toll of your impending divorce.
Practice Areas include:
- Separation and Divorce
- Marital Separation Agreements
- Contempt Actions for Violations
- Modification of Child Support
- Child Custody
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Private adoption